Victorian Stone Built School Building With Adjoining School Master House
Property Address: Ffynnon Gynydd, Nr. Glasbury-On-Wye, Powys, HR3
Ffynnon Gynydd School is a traditional Victorian stone built school building with an adjoining school masters house. Recently closed, this attractive building retains great character, including a number of original fireplaces, wonderful arched doorways and large windows offering great potential for conversion into a spacious character dwelling. The building sits, surrounded by its own grounds, which have been used as playgrounds and are part tarmacadum, part lawned. The property is located within the pretty, rural hamlet of Ffynnon Gynydd, on the edge of the common.
Glasbury is a well serviced and popular village, about a mile and a half from the property. It offers good local facilities including two public houses, riverside restaurant, garage/post office/general stores. Hay-on-Wye is 6 miles from the property and offers supermarkets, doctors and dental surgeries, a wide range of bookshops, restaurants, public houses and shops, etc. The area is one of significant beauty with the Wye Valley and the Brecon Beacons National Park to the south particularly noted.
Auction Date: 18th June 2013
Venue: Ludlow Brewery, Station Drive, Ludlow
Guide Price: £180,000 – £200,000
Lot Number: HAY130134
Auctioneer Name: McCartneys
Auctioneer Website: McCartneys
View Catalogue: Click this link for The Property Auction Catalogue
Auctioneer’s Phone No: 01497 820778
- ENTRANCE PORCH 2.2m (7’3″) x 1.5m (4’11”)with original arched front door north, arched window with seat east, doors to:
- CLASSROOM 1 9.2m (30’3″) x 4.9m (16’2″)with original arched door, high ceiling, two windows north, window south, two large radiators, sealed fireplace, doors to:
- CLASSROOM 2 5.6m (18’4″) max x 4.9m (16’0″)with window north, large high level window east, three radiators, sealed fireplace, window south and door south to rear, sink unit.
- LOBBY 2.2m (7’1″) x 1.1m (3’7″)with doors to:
- WC 2.4m (7’9″) x 2.1m (6’9″)with window south, two toilet cubicles with low flush WC’s, two wash hand basins, radiator.
- SITTING ROOM 3.7m (12’3″) x 3.7m (12’2″)with window north, radiator, door to:
- HALLWAY 3.6m (11’11”) x 1.5m (4’11”)with door south to rear, staircase to first floor, understairs cupboard, doors to:
- KITCHEN 3.7m (12’1″) x 3.1m (10’1″)with fitted floor units with double stainless steel sink, fitted worktops, window south, extensive tiling.
- WC 3.9m (12’11”) x 2.0m (6’8″)with window north, large toilet cubicle with low flush WC, hand basin, on demand hot water system, radiator, extensive wall tiling.
- LOBBY 3.6m (11’11”) x 1.9m (6’4″)with doors to:
- WC 2.2m (7’3″) x 2.2m (7’3″)with separate toilet cubicle, fully tiled walls, two wash hand basins, urinal, on demand hot water system, two windows west, radiator.
- FIRST FLOOR
- LANDING AREA with window north, doors to:
- BEDROOM 1 3.7m (12’2″) x 3.7m (12’2″)with window north, stainless steel sink unit with hot water supply, cast iron fireplace, radiator, wall shelving.
- BEDROOM 2 3.7m (12’2″) x 3.1m (10’1″)with window south, cast iron fireplace, extensive shelving.
- WC/BATHROOM 3.5m (11’7″) x 2.0m (6’6″)with window west, low flush WC, wash hand basin.
- OUTSIDE To the front of the school is a large tarmacadum playground. Alongside is a lawned area with a planted shrub bed, raised garden pond and mature trees all within a hedged boundary. The rear garden is lawned within a mature tree and hedged boundary. Within the front playground area is a GARDEN STORE 3.5m x 1.5m of stone construction with double doors to the yard.